Emotions are a major challenge in our private and professional life. But are we really aware how indispensable they are as a source of knowledge for ourselves and others?
The seminar will address the following questions concerning the vocabulary of emotions:
- How can emotions be seen as insightful perspectives?
- How can we approach emotions and distinguish among different types?
- What is the difference between moods, emotions, feelings, affects and passions?
- How can we overcome the difficulties of talking about emotions?
- What can we learn from literature and philosophy?
The participants will gain valuable insights into the philosophical approach to emotions by engaging in a journey into the history of art and philosophy.
Selected paradigms from fine arts, literature and philosophy will become valuable tools for dealing with emotions in professional context.
This course, which has the character of a seminar and workshop, engages the methodology of philosophical practice, and will relate directly to the participants’ areas of practice upon previous notice.
No philosophical knowledge is required for the course.
Dr. Manos Perrakis is an independent researcher and philosophical practitioner. He studied German, Semiotics and Philosophy in Athens and Berlin, where he accomplished his Ph.D. in Philosophy at the Humboldt University. His main area of research is the interface between Aesthetics of Music and Philosophical Anthropology. His publications include several articles in aesthetics, a monograph about Nietzsche’s philosophy of music, a novel and an anthology of early German Romanticism.
Following the concept of Philosophical Practice he offers supporting services for individuals and organizations, and develops consulting modules from literature and philosophy. He is a member of the International Society of Philosophical Practice (IGPP). He is based in Berlin, where he regularly offers philosophical cafés about issues concerning the practice of self-care and well-being.
Please note that the application deadline for Erasmus+ funding is the 1st of February 2018, 12:00 CET.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Team building
- Conflict Management
Educational, Counseling & Consulting Professionals, as emotions are a catalyst and play a key role in all soft skills.
- Introduction to Philosophical Practice
- Philosophical Practice as Counseling and Consulting Paradigm
- How does Philosophical Practice work?
- Methods of Philosophical Practice
- Introduction to Emotions
- Theories of Emotions from Plato till now.
- A brief History of Emotions
- Types of Emotions.
- How do we distinguish between different Types of Emotions and what for?
- Selected Readings (workshop)
- Nietzsche: Emotions and Self-awareness
- Rilke: Emotions and Bonding
- Encoding and Decoding Emotions. How art helps
- Interventions with Emotions. How Language transforms Emotions.
- Art Games
- Application fields (Emotional Intelligence, Teambuilding, and Conflict Management)
- Open Space
- Practical implementation
- Outdoor activity
Duration: 5 days
Dates: Upon request
Location: Athens, Greece
The fee for this course is 670 Euros. More information on these funding criteria can be found on our Erasmus+ Workshop pages.
It includes tuition fee and educational material, certificates of participation, welcome cocktail, gala dinner, half day excursion (optional) to idyllic Neptune Temple at Sounion Cape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounion) in Attica seaside (or similar).
Accommodation and meals are not included in the above fee, but can be arranged by FRACTALITY at special price/low cost for half or full board, in three or four star hotels in the city center. We can always manage low prices for groups. Ask us about it!