While traditional leadership focuses on problems, Appreciative Leadership focuses on potential, improves organizations and individuals by finding out what is working well and trying to get more out of it. It aims at getting the best out of people who are engaged in a system or a situation.
When we are overwhelmed by negative thinking about mistakes and responsibility, the positive approach of Appreciative Inquiry offers plenty of advantages to meet ever increasing demands. At the same time it is the best way to prepare oneself for the next steps after a crisis is over.
Participants will use practical exercises and tools in the following ways:
- picturing the current situation of the Organization or individuals (skills, manpower, organization and personal effectiveness, adequacy of available resources)
- helping to maximize their ability to clarify the clients’ and team vision, to deal with the problematic symptoms from another perspective or other important issues
- designing the necessary actions for the company or the individual to achieve their objectives or the desired issues
- developing their positive perspective
- becoming familiar with A.L. methodology
This workshop is highly experiential and participative. It consists of short theoretical inputs, concrete exercises, and group discussions. Reflecting upon and applying each tool to your real-life cases from your everyday work, you will practise and gain new insights into your current dilemmas.
- Increase our Energy – Positive core
- Introduction and framework of Appreciative Leadership
- Principles of AL I
- The art of Questioning – Exploring AI
- 4D Model
- Discovery process
- Principles of Appreciative Leadership II
- Results of Appreciative Leadership
- Dreaming/Envisioning process
- Design process/action planning
- Strategic goals
- Results – Feedback – Closing
- Reflecting Teams
- Important Elements – Benefits
- How to work with AL
- Alignment of your own styles and methodologies with AL – Group process
- Open space technology – Tips
- Co-creating your AL intervention
- Debriefing and Closing
- Practical implementation
- Outdoor activity
Duration: 5 days
Dates: 21 – 25 September 2015
Location: Athens, Greece
A.L. leads systemic generative change in organizations and communities. Its applications include: Strategic Planning, Vision-Values-Culture Articulation and Cascade, Leadership and Team Excellence, Coaching, Employee Engagement, Alliance Integration. A.L. facilitates organization-wide changes through appreciative tapping of strengths, ideas, aspirations and co-evolved imagination.
This workshop is designed for staff members of any public or private organisation active in the field of education, training and Youth, or active in the labour market, more specifically for: managers, coaches, psychologists, social workers, counsellors and Organisational Development professionals specialised in HR.
Markos Perrakis holds a Ph.D. in “Leadership Styles and their Efficiency in Organisations” with publications in the fields of organizational psychology and coaching. He is trained in Systemic Consultation, a certified provider of Vocational Guidance and Professional Orientation, of psychometric assessments and coaching tools for teams and individuals in organisational, career and personality issues. He is representative of ANSE (Association of International Institution Supervision in Europe), Scientific partner of EUMU (European Union of Small and Medium Enterprises) in Greece in fields of Strategic planning and Human capital development programmes. He is Founder and Managing Director of Fractality Organisational Development Services and ISO 9001:2008 Lead auditor.
The fee for this course is 500 Euros. More information on these funding criteria can be found on our Erasmus+ Workshop pages.
It includes tuition fee and educational material, certificates of participation and Europasses, welcome cocktail, gala dinner, one week card for all means of transportation in the city of Athens, half day excursion to idyllic Neptune Temple at Sounion Cape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounion) in Attica seaside.
Accommodation and meals are not included in the above fee, but can be arranged by FRACTALITY at special price/low cost for half or full board, in three or four star hotels in the city center. We can always manage low prices for groups. Ask us about it!
Please note that the application deadline for Erasmus+ funding is the 4th of March 2015, 12:00 CET.