Emotions are a major challenge in our private and professional life. But are we really aware how indispensable they are as a source of knowledge for ourselves and others?
The seminar will address the following questions concerning the vocabulary of emotions:
- How can emotions be seen as insightful perspectives?
- How can we approach emotions and distinguish among different types?
- What is the difference between moods, emotions, feelings, affects and passions?
- How can we overcome the difficulties of talking about emotions?
- What can we learn from literature and philosophy?
The participants will gain valuable insights into the philosophical approach to emotions by engaging in a journey into the history of art and philosophy.
Selected paradigms from fine arts, literature and philosophy will become valuable tools for dealing with emotions in professional context.
This course, which has the character of a seminar and workshop, engages the methodology of philosophical practice, and will relate directly to the participants’ areas of practice upon previous notice.
No philosophical knowledge is required for the course.