We believe that “The Science of Happiness at Work” is a mindset which enables action to maximize performance and achieve potential. Emotions indicate that actions are on the right track, but mindset matters most. This mindset results in positive attitude, optimism, resilience and courage – or psychological capital.
Psychological capital is an essential part of social capital, which in turn contributes greatly to human capital. And that of course affects the bottom line.
What’s exciting about this new science is that we have really strong data showing just how clear the financial benefits that support the Science of Happiness at Work are.
So what does the Science of Happiness at Work consist of?
Happiness at Work is driven by the 5Cs
- Contribution is the effort an individual or team makes
- Conviction is short-term motivation
- Culture is a feeling of fit at work
- Commitment is long-term engagement
- Confidence is the belief in ones abilities
These are supported by Trust, Recognition and Pride
– Trust in your organization flows from two sources; your colleagues and your senior leaders
– Recognition from your organization encompasses who you are, what you do and how you do it
– Pride in your organization comes from identifying with it, achieving success and being aware of your colleagues’ success too
So you bennefit from Organizational Effectiveness Consulting & Research & HR Analytics Tools:
The iOpener People & Performance Questionnaire (iPPQ):
this flagship tool helps organizations, teams and individuals maximize their performance, productivity and potential
The iOpener 360 (i360):
this high-impact leadership development tool reflects an individual’s ability through a double lens; how they behave and how this behavior affects others
iOpener institute have developed two unique, meticulously researched HR Analytics tools, used to drive Organizational Effectiveness and as development tools for leaders:
So what does iOpener research tell us? Well, compared to the unhappiest employees, the happiest employees:
- Are twice as productive
- Have six times more energy
- Intend to stay in the role twice as long