The effectiveness of an organization’s learning function influences its performance and defines its development, regardless of the conditions of the market at hand.
Organizational Learning is the science that studies how organizations learn and evolve. Based on Aristotle, it evolved further in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) during the ‘80s. Since then it has been applied in several of the largest organizations (e.g. Shell).
This workshop is an introduction to the art and science of Organizational Learning (OL) and Systems Thinking (ST). OL and ST are participative leadership approaches that empower people to bring forth their full potential at both the individual and collective level. This workshop offers a new perspective on management and its tools which trigger renewal and inspiration on issues that concern contemporary professionals.
“we honour most those who… have the theory and know the causes.”
The principle of Aristotle regarding the significance of knowing the causes and the theory behind phenomena is applied in contemporary business through the science of OL.
Anthi Theiopoulou holds an MSc in International Management from the University of Liverpool, UK. She has worked 13 years as a manager, consultant and researcher with the latest 8 years specialized in Organizational Learning and Systems Thinking. She is currently the President of the Hellenic Society for Organizational Learning, founder and CEO of Fractal Evolution Associates and International Development Atlas, Organisational Development Services. She is also a member of the Great Transition Initiative of Tellus Institute and the European Women Lobby.
Markos Perrakis holds a Ph.D. in Leadership Styles and their efficiency in organisations with publications in the fields of organizational psychology and coaching. He is representative of ANSE (Association of International institutions for coaching and Supervision in Europe), Scientific partner of EUMU (European Union of Small and Medium Enterprises) in Greece in fields of Strategic planning and Human capital development programmes. He is Founder and Managing Director of Fractality Organisational Development Services and ISO 9001:2008 Lead auditor.
- Introduction: presentations, learning goals and learning contract
- Input on Organisational Learning
- Experiencing the potential of an OL and ST approach
Clear Perception of situations
- Discerning phenomena and causes
- Cause and Effect management techniques
Optimal goal setting and organization
- Goal Setting
- Techniques for optimal organization
- Achieving your goals
- Appreciative conflict management/ mediation
Accurate generation of the envisioned results
- Tools for achieving your goals efficiently and effectively
- Working on own cases: How to manage change
- My personal leadership – coaching each other
- Looking back at your personal learning goals
- Practical Implementation
- Outdoor activity
Duration: 5 days
Dates: Upon Request
Location: Athens, Greece
Why learn Strategic Organizational Learning?
- It is the newest approach to management, tested in terms of its effectiveness and efficiency.
- It is human-centric and has at its core the values that promote well-being.
- It brings forth higher levels of job satisfaction, which leverages the highest possible productivity.
- It triggers high levels of motivation responsibility and entrepreneurial ability.
By strategically applying the tools provided in this workshop you will achieve:
- excellent financial returns on your ventures.
- full use of your potential.
- use of your organization’s collective intelligence.
- higher levels and quality of innovation and cooperation.
- increase in job satisfaction.
This workshop is highly experiential and participative. It consists of short theoretical inputs, concrete exercises, and group discussions. Reflecting upon and applying each tool to your real-life cases from your everyday work, you will practise and gain new insights into your current dilemmas.
The course will be based on the cutting-edge theoretical developments of the Organizational Learning science and Systems Thinking approach. In spite of the theoretical basis, the training will be highly practical.
It is designed to provide renewal by working hands-on on your case. The workshop is structured into three main sections starting with clear perception, moving on to optimal organization and concluding with the accurate development of your specific goal, vision and path ahead.
This workshop is designed for entrepreneurs, managers and all professionals who are interested in:
- empowering their organizational members.
- improving the performance of their company without any extra investment.
- making better use of their existing human and social capital.
The fee for this course is 670 Euros. More information on these funding criteria can be found on our Erasmus+ Workshop pages.
It includes tuition fee and educational material, certificates of participation, welcome cocktail, gala dinner, half day excursion (optional) to idyllic Neptune Temple at Sounion Cape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounion) in Attica seaside (or similar).
Accommodation and meals are not included in the above fee, but can be arranged by FRACTALITY at special price/low cost for half or full board, in three or four star hotels in the city center. We can always manage low prices for groups. Ask us about it!
If you are a legal entity (profit organization, NGO, University, scientific or cultural institution) and you want to apply for the Erasmus+ funding please read the information below:
All our training courses are designed in such a way to align with the Erasmus+ quality criteria and to address the various priorities of the programme.
Our team will be glad to assist you, if you need any help with your application.
Please note that the application deadline for Erasmus+ funding is the 5th of February 2020, 12:00 CET.
Questions or concerns? please contact us at [email protected] or call +30210601052.
More information on the funding criteria can be found at: