Inspiring Trust, Respect and Collective Intelligence
Coaching and Supervision inspire new insights, perspectives and ideas based on the art of questioning. During the training you dive into systemic appreciative approaches, solution-focused methods and participative tools. Trust is a prerequisite for the Coach or the Supervisor and fear is an outcome regarding lack of trust and lack of confidence so we need trust and confidence builders.
We will see how:
- our methods bring to light motivation, creativity and innovation more than other “traditional” techniques.
- to focus on what works well (solution-focused) rather than what doesn’t work (problematic, negative approach).
- to reflect on the first picture of fear.
- both perspectives, problematic and solution-focused approach can analyze and map a problem.
- to work on the traditional approaches in parallel and be aligned with the new ones.
- to use and engage alternative activities for high performance.
- to use and make a toolbox in teams, utilizing their collective intelligence.
Individuals understand the need for change and sustainability. Being sustainable requires knowing how to interpret outer signals and wisely adapt to the external environment continuously and rapidly changes. This workshop provides tools for emergent change and state-of-the-art knowledge on empowering people by building core competences that can bring change and gear development within any circumstances.
The goal is to create trust, motivate and empower teams and individuals through systemic appreciative techniques. The core factors in a system are the values, whatever they are, which define its hidden agenda and outcomes. We need to highlight and empower the positive values in the system even if the conditions are not ideal or are difficult, even if we have to deal with cultural diversity and different understanding of values.
It is about state-of-the-art managing techniques and how to use them for your and your organization’s benefit. It is about bringing forth your and your team’s full potential, while maintaining high levels of engagement and job satisfaction.
The course is highly experimental, practical and interactive, based on scientific research and on the extensive use of the presented practical tools. We use a combination of techniques in order to help you adapt them to your own temperament and style. We use intercultural diversity as a connecting tool by regarding our differences as resources. This variety, in combination with the background and areas of work in multicultural environments in different countries, is unique.
The interactive exercises are structured in such a way that they can cover a small team process or a big conference group with the perfect usage of group dynamics and participatory techniques.
This workshop is highly experiential and participative. It consists of short theoretical inputs, concrete exercises, and group discussions. Reflecting upon and applying each tool to your real-life cases from your everyday work, you will practise and gain new insights into your current dilemmas.
- Introduction: Presentations, learning
goals and contract
- Framework of Appreciative Supervision
- Exploring Appreciative Interviews
- Setting and exploring goals
- Envisioning process
- Design process/action planning
- Open space technology
- Increasing cultural awareness
- Coping with prejudices – strategies and attitudes
- Multicultural awareness
- Appreciative feedback and assignments
- Individual coaching and supervision
- Team-coaching and supervision
- Knowledge about cultural adaptation
- Options in supervision and coaching
- Alternative activities for high performance
Duration: 5 days
Dates: Upon request
Location: Athens, Greece
– insight into the theoretical foundations of systemic appreciative approaches, solution-focused methods, and participative tools in supervision and coaching.
– practice in a variety of different techniques, new perspectives and alternative ways of dealing with hot and important issues.
– an experience to try a reflective and flexible coaching role as an observer, supervisor/coach and supervisee/coachee.
The course is designed for supervisors, coaches, professionals in education and everyone interested in learning and showing how to adapt to the real signals while keeping stable their goals and principles through state-of-the-art techniques oriented towards self-organization, knowledge management and collective intelligence.
Wolfgang Knopf, Ph.D. (Pedagogics/Psychology). Trained in Group-Dynamics, Supervision and Counseling, Organizational Development, Systemic Counseling.He was Assistant Professor at University of Graz, Department for Further Education (1984-1994); He has been a lecturer at University of Klagenfurt, Interuniversity Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies at the University of Graz, University of Technology Vienna, Innsbruck, Linz and Krems, as well as, at College of Higher Education for Social Work and Academy of Social Work Vienna for the following subjects: pedagogics, didactics, communications, group dynamics, civic education, counseling. He is a freelance Supervisor, Coach and Management-Trainer, responsible for design and management courses for trainers in different work fields on national and international levels and for Supervisors and Coaches. He is co-leading the postgraduate program ‘Supervision and Coaching’ at the University of Vienna. President of ANSE (Association of National Organizations for Supervision in Europe).
Markos Perrakis, Ph.D. in Organizational Psychology, M.A. in clinical Psychology, trained in Systemic Consultation, certified provider of Vocational Guidance and Professional Orientation, multilingual psychometric assessments, and coaching tools for teams and individuals in organisational, career and personality issues. Publications in the fields of organizational psychology, coaching and cross-cultural research on Leadership Styles and their efficiency in the Balkans. He is representative of ANSE (Association of International institutions for coaching and Supervision in Europe), Scientific partner of EUMU (European Union of Small and Medium Enterprises) in Greece in fields of Strategic planning and Human capital development programmes. He is Founder and Managing Director of Fractality Organisational Development Services and ISO 9001:2008 Lead auditor.
Please note that the application deadline for Erasmus+ funding is the 23rd of February 2022, 13.00 CET
The fee for this course is 670 Euros. More information on these funding criteria can be found on our Erasmus+ Workshop pages.
It includes tuition fee and educational material, certificates of participation and Europasses, welcome cocktail, gala dinner, one week card for all means of transportation in the city of Athens, half day excursion to idyllic Neptune Temple at Sounion Cape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounion) in Attica seaside.
Accommodation and meals are not included in the above fee, but can be arranged by FRACTALITY at special price/low cost for half or full board, in three or four star hotels in the city center. We can always manage low prices for groups. Ask us about it!