30 September – 5 October 2020
While traditional leadership focuses on problems, Appreciative Leadership focuses on potential, improves organizations and individuals by finding out what is working well and trying to get more out of it. It aims at getting the best out of people who are engaged in a system or a situation.
When we are overwhelmed by negative thinking about mistakes and responsibility, the positive approach of Appreciative Inquiry offers plenty of advantages to meet over increasing demands.
During the course we will also focus on language as a tool while communication is the process of using that tool. Language focuses on words, symbols or signs while communication is centered on the message.
Therefore, the linguistic correctness (appreciative language usage) allows us to be precise in expressing our thoughts appropriately to orient the challenging situations.
A.L. leads systemic generative change in organizations and communities. Its applications include: Strategic Planning, Vision-Values-Culture Articulation and Cascade, Leadership and Team Excellence, Coaching, Employee Engagement, Alliance Integration.
L. facilitates organization-wide changes through appreciative tapping of strengths, ideas, aspirations and co-evolved imagination. Language barriers are the most common communication barriers in any context which cause misunderstandings and misinterpretations between people. There are few approaches to this argument: integrative, communicative and solution-focused approach.
Participants will use practical exercises and tools in the following ways:
- picturing/mapping the current situation of the Organization or individuals (skills, manpower, organization and personal effectiveness, adequacy of available resources)
- helping to maximize their ability to clarify the client’ and team vision, to deal with the problematic symptoms from another perspective or other important issues
- designing the necessary actions for the company or the individual to achieve their objectives or the desired issues
- developing their positive perspective in terms of linguistic expression (forming the right questions; the language of agreeing/disagreeing, compromising, clarifying, persuading, etc)
- becoming aware of intercultural diversities
- becoming accustomed with non-verbal communication in terms of body language (e.g. body movements, facial expressions and eye contact, appearance, personal space, energy exchange)
- becoming familiar with the basic coaching leadership techniques (building awareness, creating responsibility, using miracle questions, giving/taking feedback, reflecting) as it forms a part of AL.
Duration: 6 days
Dates: 30 September -5 October 2020
Location: Greece, Crete
This workshop is highly experiential and participative. It consists of short theoretical inputs, concrete exercises, and group discussions. By reflecting upon and applying each tool to your real-life cases from your everyday work will give an opportunity to practise and gain new insights into your current dilemmas. Furthermore, the acquired methods and personal feedback for your linguistic skills in communication will be useful for the future personal and professional development.
- Welcome rounds and introductions
- Appreciative icebreaker
- Introduction to the course and framework of Appreciative Leadership
- General Principles of AL
- Formulation of working teams
- Check in – Reflection of the previous day
- The art of Questioning (miracle questions)
- Results of AL
- 4D Model
- Discovery process (The best of what is)
- Dreaming/Envisioning process
- Picturing/Mapping the situation
- Reflection of the previous day
- How to work with AL
- GROW Model
- Design process (What should be)
- Delivery process (What will we do?)
- Action planning/Sustaining
- Reflection of the previous day
- Alignment of your own styles and methodologies with AL – Group process
- Co-creating your AL intervention
- Outdoor activities
- Practical implementation
- Reflection/feedback/feedforward (methods)
- Open Space Technology (OST) – Tips
- Debriefing and Closing
This workshop is designed for staff members of any public or private organisation active in the field of education, training and Youth, or active in the labour market, more specifically for: managers, leaders, psychologists, coaches, trainers, social workers, counsellors and Organisational Development professionals specialised in HR.
Markos Perrakis holds a Ph.D. in “Leadership Styles and their Efficiency in Organisations” with publications in the fields of organizational psychology and coaching. He is trained in Systemic Consultation, a certified provider of Vocational Guidance and Professional Orientation, of psychometric assessments and coaching tools for teams and individuals in organisational, career and personality issues. He is representative of ANSE (Association of International Institution Supervision in Europe), Scientific partner of EUMU (European Union of Small and Medium Enterprises) in Greece in the fields of Strategic planning and Human capital development programmes. He is Founder and Managing Director of Fractality Organisational Development Services and ISO 9001:2008 Lead auditor.
Evelyn Soidla performs as an English Language Coach. She supports international business people in more effective verbal (English language) and non-verbal communication. As a certified English teacher/trainer, a coach and supervisor, she assists people to gain the confidence needed to improve and master their conversations, presentations, e-mails et al in English. She focuses on helping her clients to learn how English language system works and how to put it into action with relevant vocabulary, correct pronunciation, grammar, and interpersonal nuances. Being an associated member of ANSE (Association of International Institution Supervision in Europe) and ESCY (Estonian Supervision and Coaching Association) has given opportunities to collaborate in international world by being a coaching partner to several organisations and individuals.
Our programme takes place in the Island of Crete, one of the most exotic destinations of the Aegean Sea in Greece. The workshop and the accommodation is at the unique 4-star village resort of Porto Platanias in Chania that provides you with safe and luxurious accommodations. It is the perfect place to combine personal growth with holidays.
This Mediterranean destination embraces both sea and charming nature. Porto Platanias Village is located within walking distance from the beach and the village of Platanias. Local taverns, Greek eateries, and arts shops draw people from all around the world and contribute to the vibrant feeling of the Cretan summer, still offering 30°C (86°F) daytime temperatures and 25°C (77°F) warm sea toenjoy in September. For more information on the venue, visit: http://www.portoplataniasvillage.gr
Closest international airports: Chania (24 km); Heraklion (165 km)
The fee for this course is 670€. It includes tuition fees and educational materials, certificates.
Beverages and a welcome cocktail, a one-day excursion (optional).
Accommodation and meals are not included in the above fees.
Total full package price for participants with double room accommodation: 1,150€:
All prices include:
– A 4-star hotel accommodation
– Welcome cocktail
– Full 6day workshop tuition fee
– Educational materials
– Certificate of participation at the end
– A full-day excursion with the group led by locals with local snacks and drinks – €50
Please note that the application deadline for Erasmus+ funding is the 4th of February 2020, 12:00 CET.
Questions or concerns? please contact us at [email protected] or call +30210601052.
Until 30 days before the starting date of the selected workshop, cancellation will be free of charge and the pre-payment will be fully refunded. Between 30 to 15 days before the starting date of the workshop, 50% of the fee will be refunded. Within the 15 days before the starting date of the workshop no refunds will be made.
If you are a legal entity (profit organization, NGO, University, scientific or cultural institution) and you want to apply for the Erasmus+ funding please read the information below:
All our training courses are designed in such a way to align with the Erasmus+ quality criteria and to address the various priorities of the programme.
Our team will be glad to assist you, if you need any help with your application.
More information on the funding criteria can be found at:
For Erasmus+ funding
Fractality is a course provider registered with the European Commission. If participants want to make use of the Erasmus+ programme of the EU, they don’t have to pre-pay the workshop fee as long as the result of the grant application is pending. Participants need to complete this application and return it to Fractality.
When the application for Erasmus+ has been successful, participants should pre-pay the workshop fee(s) to Fractality.
In the event that the application to Erasmus+ has been unsuccessful, participants have to inform us immediately, to either cancel participation in the workshop or offer to pay the workshop fee without EU financial support.